Want to bikepack with a dropper post, or looking for a seat bag suitable for limited tire to seat rail clearances? This bag system has been developed and tested to create a stable under-seat storage solution for your lighter bulky items*. The design of the SeatBag allows for unrestricted use of the dropper post, unless you’re limited by seat rails to tire clearance of less than about 12 cm (~5 inches). * weights compatible with your dropper post, tire clearances, and cargo will need to be determined by you.
Usage: Load and close bag off the bike, fasten and tighten front Voile strap to seat rails, feed rear Voile strap through both seat rails and tension one side of the rear strap, insert lose end of rear Voile strap into buckle and tension the other side of the strap. Check position of bag and re-tension as appropriate. Mounting typically takes under a minute, and removal about half that time.
– very stable with a variety of contents
– mounts with two 20 inch Voile straps which lift and compresses the bag and limits lateral movement. If you want to carry larger and heavier loads also order a 32″ Voile Strap.
– accessible without removing the SeatBag from your bike.
– can be used on any bicycle with suitable seat rail to tire clearances. Allowing you to have one seat bag for multiple bikes.
– mounting loops for rear light.
– designed to be packed prior to mounting to the seat.
– bag with two 20″ Voile straps ~175 grams.
– construction of black X-Pac VX21, and internal composite stiffening components
– Constructed with highly water resistant fabrics, however the seams and closure are not waterproof.
– there are no straps around the seat post. (there is a daisy chain loop on the front of the bag if you want to secure the bag to the seat post.